Saturday, February 18, 2012

Two things on my mind today.  First, my friend Jill started her own photography blog.  You can check it out at http://capturingmemorieswithjill.blogspot.com/


Second, I wanted to do a quick review of a camera bag I just received.  It is the Tamrac Velocity 7x.  You can find it at: http://www.wolfcamera.com then search Tamrac Velocity.  It will bring up the different sizes.

I got it because when I was in NY in November, I did not want to carry around my bulky Canon camera bag.  That left me with a camera around my neck and an extra lens in my wife's purse.  Neither of which was a good option.

When I saw this bag, I liked that it was an over the shoulder bag that could be swung in front of you for easy access to your gear.  What makes this even better is that the flap opens away from you, keeping it away from you as you access your gear.  When I first received it a few days ago, I was worried that it would be a little small, but I am pleasantly surprised by how much I can fit in there.  I can fit my Canon t2i with lens attached, my second lens, speedlight, and charger inside the main body of the bag.  There is even room for a third lens if I had one.  Inside the front pocket, I was able to fit 5 memory cards, an extra camera battery, 4 AA batteries and my shutter release, with plenty of room to spare.

I have been out shooting with this bag a couple of times and I really like it.  It is much smaller and less bulky.  I have access to my camera quicker and with less fumbling around.  I would recommend you check it out.  I got mine from Wolf Camera's website, but they do carry it in their stores for you to check out in person.


Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment