Friday, February 17, 2012

Night Shots

So last night, my friend Jill and I went down around the downtown Dallas area to take some shots.  We first went to Lemmon Ave and US HWY 75 to take pictures of the traffic on 75.  The darkness and the motion of the cars made for some great pictures.

3 Sec. Exp., F/6.3, 34mm, ISO 100

This is a nice view of the outskirts of downtown Dallas.  The longer exposure allowed the camera to capture the light from the head lights and tail lights while making the cars disappear.  It's a pretty cool effect.  All you need is a shutter release plugged into your camera.

This next shot, I wanted to try something creative that I had seen before.  This was achieved by rotating the zoom lens while the shot was being taken.  The part I haven't been able to figure out is how at the end of the light streaks there is an "S".  However it happened, it's pretty cool.

6 Sec. Exp, F/11, 18mm, ISO 100

This last picture is from downtown Dallas, by the Omni Hotel and convention center.  Reunion tower is also visible in the picture.  The Omni Hotel and convention center was a controversial decision for the city as to whether or not to build it.  Having seen it for the first time, it is a very nice looking hotel.  Whether or not it will bring in conventions is yet to be seen.

6 Sec. Exp, F/11, 18mm, ISO 100


Lastly, a quick update on the blog itself.  I'm still figuring things out.  I figured out how to allow people to subscribe to the blog.  I'm still trying to figure out how to set up photo galleries.  Please bear with me if a link doesn't work.


Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment