Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Sleepy Time at the San Antonio Zoo

This is part 2 of 3 of my San Antonio vacation.  As a lot of you know, I really enjoy going to the zoo.  The unpredictability of the animals combined with the challenge of bright light and shade makes taking photos fun and challenging.

As the name implies, it seemed that the animals were in the middle of their morning naps when we came through.  The Cheetah, Lion, Tiger....
 ...And these things.  I'm no sure what they are, but I have never seen an animal sleep like that.  Also, the one in the front looks like it was really surprised.  lol

One thing that I liked about the zoo is that they have a great selection of animals that I have never seen in other zoos. 
I was shooting today with the Canon 100-400mm lens that I rented from www.prophotorental.com.  Again, I love the reach that I got with that lens.  The birds to your left were shot from about 8 or 9 feet away.  Their nest was in a tree, which is not a set up I have seen before at a zoo.  I really liked this guy with the orange head.  It was a nice contrast against his white feathers.
As this cat is showing, it's time to end this post.  A big mouth and sharp teeth sure get my attention. lol

In response to an article that I recently read in Shutterbug Magazine, I plan to take a trip out to the Dallas Zoo.  The point of the article was that the author who works at Zoo Miami photographs animals focusing on eye contact to connect with the animal.  I am going to take my time and wait for that moment.  I sure look forward to it.


 Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment