Saturday, April 21, 2012

It's a Black and White World....  We're Just Shades of Gray

I had to work for a few hours today.  It was a beautiful day and even though I had laundry to do, I couldn't stay inside all day and not take pictures.  Therefore, my wife and I went out to Arbor Hills Nature Preserve off of Parker Rd and the North Dallas Tollway.  This is an incredible park!  It's a 2.3 mile track, wooded areas, meadows, a creek, a pond, etc.  Everything a photographer could dream of.  In addition, like at the zoo, you are constantly going in and out of shadows, so the challenge of constantly adjusting settings is right there.

So, the title of today's post is kind of cheesy, but it works in well with what I was doing today.  I do not like to shoot in black and white, because I can always convert color to black and white.  However today, I thought, what the heck?  I shot all day in black and white.  I have to say, I do like the results.  I will continue to shoot in color, but it was a nice change of pace.

 I liked this bramble branch laying on the ground.  It was a nice brown set against the green grass and the blue sky.
 This pond was very photogenic in black and white.  I'm not sure how it would look in color, because the water was very stagnant.
 There were A LOT of butterflies flying around and this one wanted to land and show off for me.  I got a number of good pictures of it.
I found this fallen and hollowed out log and got down low to photograph it.  I really like the way it came out.









That is is for today.  I am heading back out there tomorrow morning for my sunrise shoot.  I am going out there with my tripod and there are a couple of places I plan to shoot from that are going to involve a little athleticism.  Wish me luck.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment