Friday, April 6, 2012

The Great American Road Trip

Much like Chevy Chase loading his family in the station wagon, my wife and I are off on a road trip of our own.  I have to say.  Anyone who does not like the idea of a cross country road trip is off their rocker....
...and if your rocker is this big, there's no hope for you.  lol


We went off to Missouri and our path took us along the "Mother Road", Historic Route 66.  Along the way, we stopped at a Civil War battle site.  Wilson's Creek just outside of Springfield, MO.  Today, we went to The Arch, the St. Louis Zoo and Forest Park.

Forest Park
Wilson's Creek Battle Site

St. Louis Zoo

The Arch
 This is going to be a short post since I should have been asleep an hour and a half ago.  Tomorrow, we're headed to Hannibal, MO to see Mark Twain's (Samuel Clemens) boyhood home, then over to Springfield, IL, the Land of Lincoln.

When I get back home, I'll get more into the photographic aspects of the road trip.  I hope you enjoy the forth coming previews.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment