Thursday, May 10, 2012

Longhorn Sunrise

This is a spot that I have been wanting to shoot for some time.  My friend Jill came out with me this past Sunday to stretch our trigger fingers.  The first thing I noticed is that East was completely NOT the direction I thought it was!  The last time I was at this spot, I forgot to check which direction east was, so I looked at my pictures to see which direction the shadows were facing.  I also discovered that there was a HUGE overhead light that was probably causing the shadow.  lol  Oh well.  You roll with the punches and get shooting.

So with the different point of view, I had to change my composition.  I pondered for a couple of months on how I would compose the pictures towards where I though east was.  The funny thing is that with my new east, the composition seemed to just hit me.  I like what I got and here it is.


This is my new east direction.  The cowboy watching over his herd.  The color in the sky was great, but it sure didn't last long.  I would estimate it was there for about 10 minutes before the sky went blue.

 Here's the herd.  I thought this would be the best picture for black and white.  I just wish I had a fan blowing up some dust for special effects.  These statues are located in Pioneer Plaza in downtown Dallas near the convention center.

These are my two favorite shots.
  I like the composition of the water and greenery in the foreground and the cattle in the background.  I think the picture on the right is one of my favorite shots in awhile.


Thank you for your continued viewership.  I am currently working on a website for MarcusDavisPhotography and lining up some portrait sessions of friends to get some practice shooting people and building that aspect of my portfolio.  If you need some photos made, let me know.


Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment