Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Keeping Your Eyes Peeled

As I've gotten more and more into photography, I've found myself keeping an eye out for new places to shoot.  Possibly not the safest thing to do while driving, but what can you do?

On Saturday, I was headed into Frisco to take pictures of my friend's son playing his last soccer game of the season.  As I was headed up the tollway, I noticed this place out of the corner of my eye.  I made note of the cross street and planned to come back after the game.

This first picture is a regular shot.  I spent some time reading through my camera manual (Possibly the only manual I've ever read) and I noticed a section on some presets built into my camera.  One of them was a setting for landscapes.  The setting is designed to make greens greener and blues bluer.  This feature enhances grass, trees and skies.  I really like how the sky came out, because you can see the clouds against the sky.  I will do some fine tuning to it, but I like the setting.

One thing I know for certain is that the only thing you can count on is that Mother Nature is unpredictable.  As I'm sure you can tell, I love the look of flowing water and will take pictures of it every chance I get.  However, the wind decided to keep blowing while I was taking these shots.  With HDR consisting of 3 different shots, anything that moves creates blur as you put them together, as you can see in the trees.  However, I still love this shot.


Another shot that I really liked.  This is a little bit "downstream" from the previous waterfall.  I like rocks in HDR, because they always burst with color that you really don't see looking at them with the naked eye.

This was a great place to stumble upon and I plan to go back out here.  It will be a great place to do family or couples photographs.



That's it for now.  I'm still working on Sunday's sunrise photographs.  I should have them up soon.  It was a nice morning hike and I think you'll like the photographs that came out of it.


Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment